Chittagong Collegiate School and College was established as Chittagong Government School in 1836. The school was the first English medium high school in Chittagong. Its classes were held in a brick building constructed during the early years of British rule . The school was then shifted to a new location at the southern section of the Markot Sahib Hills. In 1886, the school was relocated to its present location at Ice Factory Road, North Nalapara, near the Chittagong Railway Station, and was named as Chittagong Collegiate School. Until the first decade of the twentieth century, the school was popularly known as the Entrance School.
In 2008 the college section was introduced and Government renamed the school Chittagong Collegiate School & College